Home ›The Ultimate Agaric Web Site Design, Development, and Deployment Checklist
The Ultimate Agaric Web Site Design, Development, and Deployment Checklist
Submitted by Benjamin Melançon on March 25, 2008 - 3:40pm
This is a work in progress.
- (very outdated) See here; to be incorporated into an installation profile.
All sites, golive
- spam protection
- performance optimization
- Page compression OFF (it is handled by the server). @TODO- consider forcing this in settings.php
- Theme registry rebuild OFF
- Page caching ON
- CSS and JS aggregation ON)
Replacing an existing site
- Port all desired content (if non-Drupal; otherwise upgrade), retaining URL paths
- Check for e-mail addresses in use on that domain and create mailboxes and forwarders as needed.
- Set up the DNS settings with our DNS tools before
- Switch the nameservers to our nameservers only after all content and non-site functionality such as e-mail is accounted for.
- Browser testing
- Firefox 3
- Firefox 4
- Internet Explorer 7
- Internet Explorer 8
- Opera (current only)
- Safari 3
- Lynx (for Mac)
- Run the site through validators, especially for accessibility.
@TODO look at and incorporate http://blog.urbaninsight.com/2011/06/27/14-must-do-items-your-drupal-post-launch-checklist